Bellevue Estate Planning Lawyer
Estate planning has many benefits, one of which is peace of mind. Through estate planning, you can help avoid disputes and ensure that minor children will be cared for. Joseph L. Hammer has been an estate planning lawyer since 1993. He will help you identify your estate planning goals and create an estate plan tailored to meet your needs and desires.
Seattle Will Attorney
Mr. Hammer prepares estate planning documents of all types, including, but not limited to:
- Wills: A will ensures that your assets are distributed according to your wishes. If you have minor children, a will allows you to designate a guardian to care for them in the event of your death.
- Trusts: Mr. Hammer assists clients with revocable living trusts. A trust can be used to avoid probate, but this tool has other benefits which may be more valuable than probate avoidance including, but not limited to, management of assets in the event of disability, and protection of separate property in the event of a marriage.
- Financial durable powers of attorney: Financial durable powers of attorney allow you to select an individual who will assume responsibility for your financial affairs in the event you are incapacitated. A health care durable power of attorney allows you to select an individual to assume responsibility for your health care in the event you are incapacitated.
- Health care directive: In the State of Washington, a health care directive is a written statement expressing your desires regarding the administration of life support in the event of terminal illness or permanent coma.
- Guardianships: Wills Whether it is a minor child or an adult who is incapable of managing his or her affairs, a guardian can be appointed to take care of matters.
Contact Joseph L. Hammer, Attorney At Law
Bellevue estate planning attorney Mr. Joseph L. Hammer serves clients throughout the Seattle, Washington, area. Contact him by calling (425) 336-2459.